Across America, the industry-wide search for highly skilled workers, and tradespeople continues.
Master craftsmen/women and trades workers use their hands to provide products and services to customers. The construction industry depends heavily on these experts to build and repair infrastructure like bridges, roads, and dams, as well as commercial and residential housing projects, to name a few.
If you are in the trades, the best way to make yourself an “in-demand” entity is to become a master craftsman in your field. Mastery is not something you reach for, attain, and then hold your place; it is the constant pursuit of excellence. Mastery is a mindset and way of life that requires a 360-degree approach. Below are actions that will lead to mastery of any trade.
- Continuously seek ways to improve your craft
- Learn from masters in your field; become an apprentice
- Change your mindset from worker to craftsperson, and find meaning in your daily work
- Focus your energy on your strongest skills; it’s impossible to be a master of many things
- Learn to practice well.
- Connect with others in your field who are dedicated to mastering their field
- Always show respect for other craftsmen
- Assist others who may need help on a job
- Willingly share your trade secrets so that others can learn
- Prefer to be measured by the value you provide
- Practice mind and body self-care as a tool to advance your career. Rest and recovery are instrumental to your wellbeing and performing at your highest level
- Continually push yourself to the limit and search for new ways to expand your capabilities
- Never waste time and energy on trivial matters, instead, focus only on urgent demands that will help advance your craft
The construction industry is exploding with new and innovative methods and technologies. What’s needed are top-level craftspeople who are masters in their field.
The construction industry has grown into a highly sophisticated trade, open to the best tradespeople. These new systems require master craftspeople with top skills. Now is the perfect time to hone your craft and focus on your specialty so that you may provide value to the industry.
Gillmann Services, Inc. strives to create a supportive, transparent, and safety-conscious working environment where every employee, individually and collectively, provides our clients with exceptional workmanship, extraordinary service, and professional integrity. At GSI, we work for you! Give us a call today.